Published on 15/01/2019
Here's our traditional Kiwi favourite, Quiche Lorraine. And we are giving it a twist by using Texas BBQ Beef Brisket (you can also use Texas BBQ Pork Belly for this recipe) and Smoked Cheese.
Savoury Short Pastry
Cream Fresh, 1cup
Milk, 1/4 cup
Texas BBQ Beef Brisket, sliced
Texas BBQ Smoked Cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Blind bake the short pastry for 8-10mins
2. Sweat the onions, drain.
3. Make the pie mixture. Mix the cream, milk, eggs, cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
4. Assemble the pie. Sprinkle the onion to the pre-baked short pastry, add the meat and pie mixture.
5. Bake up to 25 to 30 minutes, 180 degrees or until surface is golden brown.
6. DO NOT SERVE IT HOT THIS TIME. Let is set first for few minutes and enjoy!
Recipe and image by The Rustic Plate