Hearty Fish Pie - The Perfect Winter Meal
Published on 30/05/2018
The perfect hearty meal to get you through the colder nights! We use the Edmonds Fish Pie Supreme Recipe and substitute the butter and any cheese used, with our own smoked products! This combination won't disappoint, we can vouch for it and so can the tasters who inhaled this meal at our taste testings - we were lucky to get photos!
- 25g Texas BBQ Foods smoked butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- ¾ tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Texas BBQ Foods smoked butter
- 1 Tbsp Edmonds standard flour
- 1 cup milk
- 500g smoked fish, flaked or 425g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Prepare a 20cm pie dish.
- Mix first measure of butter and milk into the potato, beating with a fork to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line the pie dish with half the potato. Set remaining potato aside.
- Heat second measure of butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and cook until frothy. Gradually add second measure of milk, stirring constantly until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add fish, parsley and eggs. Pour this mixture into the lined pie dish. Cover with remaining potato.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until pale golden.